Not resting on his laurels from his overwhelming victory, Bill Richardson has asked task forces to come together and discuss with the general community about how New Mexico can move forward.
Check out the main website at http://billrichardson2006.com/transition/
A quick snippet:
The objective of the Transition Team is to provide an evaluation of Governor Richardson's key initiatives in five policy areas that will continue to Move New Mexico Forward. The Transition Committee will be chaired by Ambassador Edward Romero and Gayla Brumfield.
The Transition Committee will include five subcommittees that focus on the following key areas:
- A Healthy New Mexico, chaired by Dr. Paul Roth, Executive Vice President of UNM Health Science Center
- Making Schools Work, chaired by Governor Toney Anaya
- A Safer New Mexico, chaired by Carlsbad Mayor Bob Forrest
- Promoting and Growing New Mexico, chaired by Kim Sanchez-Rael, general partner of Flywheel Ventures
- Protecting and Promoting New Mexico's Environment, chaired by Jeff Sterba, CEO of PNM
This was followed with a series of community conversations around the state and Albuquerque designed to promote reciprocal civic dialogue regarding these issues.
While many potential 2008 candidates went straight into campaign mode (I know Bill was in NH last weekend, but that doesn't mean he lives there yet) Bill Richardson was starting to set the infrastructure in place to make his second term productive and meaningful.